Bodyshop LIVE Stream Classes
(Video – Sample Snippets from a BodyFIT LIVE Stream Class)
Bodyshop’s LIVE Stream classes are studio classes hosted online and taken live with our instructors via Zoom from your phone, tablet or computer. With our LIVE Stream classes, our ultimate goal is to mimic and share our in-studio experience with you and your friends as closely as we can, from wherever you are.
Visit our Class Schedule and Class Descriptions for LIVE Stream class options including BodyFIT, FitHIIT, BarreFIT, BarreHIIT, Gentle Yoga and Cycle/Tread/Core class formats for your remote live workout. Simply sign up for class and you will receive a link to the class just prior to the scheduled start time to join us remotely. If you are new to the studio, see our getting started page for your next steps.
LIVE Stream FAQ's
- Classes are streamed live using Zoom Video Conferencing. Zoom can be used through your web browser, there are also apps for IOS and Android, allowing you to join from most any device.
- You will receive a link for joining the class just prior to the class starting. Links are emailed to your email address on file for your studio account. Simply click the link and follow the prompts for joining the class. You can also find the class Zoom link through your account or in the App when selecting the booked class.
- In the Zoom application, you have different options for viewing the class and attendee’s during the class. For the best view, select the instructors window and pin it for the largest view.
- Once you are in the application, you have the option of using your camera and microphone in Zoom to interact with the class members and instructor. Typically we will talk before the start of class using our camera’s and microphones and then mute the microphones during class. If you have a question, simply un-mute your microphone and feel free to ask at any time. Your camera usage is completely optional. If you leave it on, Tanya will be able to help monitor form and provide feedback, but understanding this is not required to enjoy the class. If your Camera is on, everyone can technically see you, but don’t forget we are all worrying about our own form and screen to be worried about yours…
- Equipment – This is a new experience for a lot of people. Classes are designed for using limited fitness equipment you may already have or is readily available. Equipment is also available to be checked out from our studio in Saint Paul. Contact Tanya for any equipment needs or questions.
- If you are new to BodyShop, we are a very welcoming and open group. While many people may know each other already, we are fostering a hybrid in-studio and virtual experience, and want our workouts to be fun and informal. It’s a judgement free atmosphere, so grab your canned soup dumbbells and join us for a workout.
When you receive you link for the class, you will need to follow the link and the prompts for accessing the meeting through your web browser or app. If not already installed, you will be prompted to download and install the web application for browsers, or the app for your device. Once installed, you will automatically be added to the meeting/class. More information on joining a Meeting/Class is available from Zoom here.
For BodyFit or FitHIIT you’ll want a yoga/exercise mat and dumbbells if you have them. You could also utilize cans of food or other household items as weights. Or simply leave the weights out! For BarreFit you’ll again want a yoga/exercise mat, weights if you have them and you can use the back of a chair or couch, counter top, table, etc. as your Barre.
Classes are recorded by Bodyshop and available to members into the future. Note that if your microphone and/or camera are on during class, you will be visible and heard by everyone in class and as part of the recording, which is encouraged. Recording of the classes by anyone other than Bodyshop is prohibited and disabled in the Zoom platform.
YES! Simply sign-up for class on the website as usual. You will still get the email link of the LIVE Stream class. Please reply to that email and request the link for the recorded session. You can do the class whenever you have time! Classes will be hosted through Zoom until space is needed for new recordings, about 24 to 48 hours. If you need access to a class once it is removed from Zoom, let us know.
Heck yeah they can! Anyone with a New Client Special, Membership or Class Pacakge can sign up for LIVE Stream classes. Just look for classes marked LIVE Stream in the class schedule.
You sure can! This is a great time to set-up a private session! Please see the Personal Training section of our Pricing Page for more details and packages. Online Appointment Booking is coming soon for Personal Training.
Making the Best of Technology
There are so many different technology options available for setting up and hosting On Demand Fitness. Our goal is to keep things simple, which is why we limit our classes to a browser based platform. Whether you want to join from your Phone, Tablet/Ipad or Computer, here are a few simple setups that help to make the most of your experience.